We Are Here To Help
MOST FREQUENT QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Get the name of the person(s) driving the other vehicle(s) involved along with their phone number, driver’s license, vehicle license, insurance information. Also try to obtain any witness’ name and number. Note the location, time and date. And, if you have a camera, take pictures. IMPORTANT: If the person(s) driving the vehicle(s) involved is unwilling to provide this information or if they do not have a driver’s license and insurance, then you have a problem, and you should notify the police and your insurance agent immediately.
Contact your auto body shop have them set up a tow or appointment to get your vehicle in the auto body shop. If you need alternative transportation and have rental coverage or the other party’s insurance is paying the bill, ask the auto body shop to set up the rental for you.
Contact the Insurance Company responsible and let them know where the vehicle is and/or where it is going and ask for a claim number. If the Insurance Company wants to examine your vehicle at your house or in their claims center, you have the choice of doing this, or you can inform the Insurance Company that you are dropping the vehicle at the auto body shop and they can see the vehicle there. Remember, you’re free to choose.
Call the auto body shop and give them the claim number. From this point on, the auto body shop will negotiate on your behalf to insure that your vehicle will be returned to pre-loss condition.
Reputable auto body repair shops have the kind of facility, equipment, personnel and training to restore your vehicle to pre-loss condition within industry standards. Experts can always find indications of a repair. This doesn’t mean it was not repaired properly, but since shops do not have the same equipment available that the manufacturer’s have, shops cannot replicate the manufacturer’s work exactly. However, your vehicle will be esthetically and structurally equal to its pre-accident condition.
Things You Should Know Before Having Your Car Repaired
Your car is likely the second largest investment you’re going to make, so preserve its value and your safety by having it repaired professionally at Mission Bay Collision Center.
- Never drive a car that could be unsafe because of damages. We will gladly arrange for your car to be towed.
- Some insurance companies may want you to visit their drive-in claims center before having your car repaired. You can do this, or you may leave your car at our location and ask that the insurance company come to inspect the car. Lang Nissan at Mission Bay Collision Center works closely with all of the major insurance companies and we keep close communication with insurance companies to advise them of all work and repairs that need to be done to our customer’s vehicle.
- As a consumer, it’s nice to know that there is no law that requires you get more than one estimate or appraisal on your vehicle. You have the right to get as many comparison estimates as you’d like in order to help you make an informed decision about your collision repair options.
- You have the right to take your vehicle to the collision repair center of your choice. Your insurance company cannot require you to go to a particular shop. Your insurance company usually can recommend a reputable repair center in your area, including Lang Nissan at Mission Bay Collision Center.
- Differences in repair estimates are common. A lower estimate may not include all necessary work. If you’re not sure why one estimate is different from another you’ve received, just ask one of our friendly service advisors.
- Choose a repair center that has unibody repair equipment. Make sure you choose a collision repair center that has the advanced equipment and systems used to remove and reinstall frame, suspension, engine, and drive train components as well as provide other essential collision repair services.
- Make sure that the collision repair center offers a warranty. Lang Nissan at Mission Bay Collision Center offers every customer our industry-best warranty that protects you for as long as you own your vehicle.
- Let us help you work with your insurance company. Lang Nissan at Mission Bay Collision Center has established positive business relationships with virtually every auto insurance company. Our ability to “cut through the red tape” ensures a smoother, faster repair process.
- Ask the repair center to pre-arrange a rental car. Since the average car is in the repair shop for two weeks, ask if the shop can make recommendations for a rental car company and if they can arrange for a replacement rental car to be ready when you drop off your car.
The Bodyshop is located at: 4700 Santa Fe Street, San Diego, CA 92109
We here atMission Bay Collision Center offer multiple services to get your vehicle back in tip top shape! A few of our services include:
- Nissan Dent Removal Service
- Paintless Dent Repair Service
- Nissan Windshield Repair & Replacement
- Pacific Beach Nissan Collision Repair & Body Shop
- Kearny Mesa Nissan Collision Repair & Body Shop
- Mission Bay Nissan Collision Repair & Body Shop
- Nissan Body Shop – Overview Page
- San Diego Automotive Hail Repair Service
- San Diego Computerized Automotive Frame Repair Service
- San Diego Automotive Paint Repair Service
- San Diego Bumper Repair Service
- San Diego Headlight Restoration Service
- Automotive Fiberglass & Plastic Reconstruction
- Automotive Sheet Metal Repair
- Clear Bra Installation Servic